At around 11am, over 150 people arrived to block the main truck entrance in and out to the Schumberger Facility. 20 of this 150 came prepared to use their bodies to blockade the facility until they were removed by police. Faced with such large numbers and organized resistance, Schumberger did not have their normal daytime shift. People stayed until 4:30 PM, stopping the daytime operation of this 24/7 hour facility and then left of their own accord, deciding that the action was a success. The Shaleshock Direct Action Working Group remains committed to using direct action to confront the presence of a gas industry that is intent on poisoning the land, air and water of our communities. As more people in this movement become interested in peaceful resistance, we intend to continue our work organizing and educating.
Direct Action Fund
For all photos, CLICK HERE.
- LIKE & SHARE if you're ready to make history tomorrow, to create a frack free future powered by renewable energy!... fb.me/CqWbIsKc 1 day ago
- The quilt to blanket NYS in protection from the industry GROWS with each town stitching their way onboard! Click... fb.me/IItRfFyH 3 days ago
- "We've made our sacred fire. We're going to stand our ground here." Seismic trucks won't pass, says Elsipogtog war... fb.me/KbctIKn4 3 days ago
- Congratulations Lyle, NY! Click here to see the rest of the local Bans and Moratoria:... fb.me/2uqbyVn28 3 days ago
- From EcoWatch: a new report from the Center for Environmental Health shows that fracking chemicals pollute the... fb.me/278JUNBRI 4 days ago